Thursday, August 20, 2020

This rainy day in August

To the Chinese, August is Ghost Month and I feel it much especially today, August 20, 2020. Five months ago today, my husband died.  While I do not believe in ghosts, I believe that life on earth is a jumping board to the eternal.

I got rained out today--- super heavy rain-- but it felt kinda good to be caught in a heavy downpour. What is it that the heavens are telling us? Is this a sign of things to come?  Is Covid going to be washed off from the face of the earth soon? Is this overstaying virus enjoying earth and humans so much that it is lingering longer? God, please...You are the only one who can make it vanish.

But if the virus does stay longer, strengthen us, O Lord that we can stare down the virus with an energy and will that can only come from you.


No comments:

Post a Comment