Monday, August 24, 2020

Monday moods

 There is a thing about Mondays that either perk you up or lets you go the other way. But in this Covid situation, I do not think I can apply a standard mood for the day.

So what is my Monday looking like today? I am to speak together with fellow Mancom in a digital Townhall meeting to update everyone about what the Comms Division of AFI has been doing over the last 3 months and what we need to do in the next 3.

Well, because belong to a division that should constantly and consistently tell others about the things that are being done by the organization, I feel that I will be repeating a lot of things. And since we are an enabling group, I can only support the main narratives of my fellow directors.  That is the Monday dampener of sorts for me... but then again, here's the thing! Why don't I just listen in to everyone first and then just be creative with what I will tell the whole team? Because I cannot anticipate what they will say or if they prepared something, some of them might adlib, then I should listen in and revise my presentation as necessary.

I decided to talk about re/building, together, stronger - how do we build a stronger oganization together?  That has always been my mantra in life? How do we do this? How can we work together? 

It is too soon to tell if I was effective in my little talk but then again, during this morning's Townhall with Ayala Foundation, I felt that I was just pouring my heart out---

- I was thankful that fellow talents were contributing stories and helping us with the things that we did.

- I was happy to belong to an organization that was doing a lot of things, and leading the charge in nation-building.

- I remain hopeful of things to come for the organization that was established to help improve people's lives.

Yes, that and more. I believe that speaking from the heart is the best kind of communication channel. Day after day, I struggle to be an authentic communicator, not just in the organization but also in my personal capacity.

- I tell Mama that things do not always go as planned and the little detours might lead you to something better.

- I tell my brothers that I am fine and coping with challenges despite being a widow.

- I tell my children that we should do things together and to always be mindful of the needs of others outside our own little circle.

And of course, in my no holds barred convo with Jesus, I say thanks first then tell Him about the joys and aches from my heart.  It keeps me sane in this crazy time. It helps me live amidst this season of death.




2 comments:

  1. Hi my Lolo is Florencio Atega. Youngest of the three brothers: Isabelo, Dado and Florencio. I hope to get in touch with you. We didn't grow up in Cabadbaran. Lolo Pinsoy died when I was 5 years old. His wake was at the house of Lolo Belo. It was in 1985. I hope to know stories about our Lolo Pinsoy from the stories you can recall from your memories with Lolo Belo. Thank you. Pricille

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure! I can blog about my actual encounters with Lolo Pinsoy too. I hope you can help me also get in touch with older Ategas whom you get in touch with so we can build a bigger memory bank for our little circle wihin the clan. The memory of Juan Atega must not fade away. We owe him that.

    ReplyDelete