Saturday, January 21, 2017

Whataweek!

The week that is about to pass is just so full of oddities that I cannot help but record them so that some day, when I feel that I need 25 hours in a day, I will fully understand why God says I should just  make do with my 24.

Mondays are supposed to start the period but I felt like I jumped right into the eve of a long weekend when deadlines pile up -- talking points, event books, rationales of activities for the week and the week that follows came one after the other. And that does not exclude quick requirements on topics which need a bit of research. But yeah, my team survived the Monday blues!

Tuesday carried over some of the harried feels of Monday. Check, correct, edit, write, and thanking Google for some reference mercies that we would not have been able to put together.

Wednesday passed by in a blur-- much like a race where you notice people passing you by as you seem to be running in place.  Meetings hour after hour. An early time in did not nothing to pack it up for the long day that ended at 10:30pm with a night of fun for media. Going home at 12mn, I hope I can get this vibe into my system fast enough.

But the fun night was not the happening that somehow sapped my energy. You know, when the brain acts up too much and the heart pumps extra and there is too much to worry about, you the feeling of being  pulled to one corner asking for a tap out. You see, as I was on Uber going to the party at BGC, my son Frans and daughter-in-law Aiz called me to say that somebody called our house phone and attempted a 'budol-budol' act on our helper Josie. The lady caller said I figured in an accident and my face was so mashed up, my lips all bloodied and I could not talk properly. I was supposed to have talked to Josie on the phone, giving instructions on how to get money in an envelop that was just beside my jewelry box because I needed to undergo surgery right away.  Even as she was aware that the caller was faking it and the voice of the caller couldn't have been mine, Josie was visibly  shaken and immediately confided in Aiz, who, by the grace of God, came home earlier than usual. Frans and Aiz tried to entrap the caller and even recorded their conversation but they appeared to be pros who immediately put down the phone when they sensed they were being led on as well.

Well, Aiz asked me how my lip was as I was about to sleep and that capped the day.

Thursday was like the Monday kind of rush, only this time, I managed a quick run to the Museum to catch up with a friend from Citibank and have a quick lunch before running off to a meeting in Manila with the National Historical Commission.  Good meeting with the NHCP as they were willing to adapt our campaign and even put us up in the schedule for the national independence day. Excited but quite a lot of work again to get this done.

I remained on the fast lane on Friday with meetings in the office, quick runs for the restroom and to refill my coffee cup and drink water, and off to last minute checks and edits on paperwork again. My last act for the day was supposed to be easy -- that was, to deliver 2 letters of invite to Cabsec and dub video and photos from RTVM for JAZA on AC's request but lo and behold! Friday was hard-to-get-home day because I did not know that Uber and Grab were not as active in the Manila, moreso in the Malacanang area. So  when I dropped by the St. Jude Parish to pray, I also asked the saint of the impossible to please help me get a ride home.

On the way home, Friday traffic was bad, but hey, I got to catch the last segments of my favourite fanta-serye, Encantadia.

Then I smiled myself to sleep because this morning, Saturday, I needed to pull my lazy weekend bones together for an early dialysis session with my husband Rhoneil. The nurses were going on an outing and patients needed to check in earlier than usual for their treatment.

Now, as I write this entry, I have already dyed my hair and treated myself to the last few capsules of my DIY face galvanic spa. So now I sit before the computer just trying to see how my fellow Filipinos are so affected by the inauguration rites for the new American President, Donald Trump.

Well, I did miss Barack and Michelle Obama's class a bit, but I figured there are more worries here at home that I hope to help solve in my own little way.

So help us God.

No comments:

Post a Comment