Sunday, January 1, 2017

Fire Horse entering the house of the Fire Rooster

Happy New Year to my family and friends!

It has been quite a time since I updated this blog. Allow me  a bit of 'me' time even just for today so I can share with you, who are close to my heart, how my 2016 was. Note that I will attempt to write monthly highlights of these from memory and I may have to edit and re-edit it from time to time.

January was my last month of work at GMA where I spent the last 10 years at work. It has been a very fulfilling journey, knowing that those I left behind are well-trained, dedicated, passionate producers, reporters and production crew who would be assets to any television company or wherever it is they may be if and when they move on from being Kapuso.

My first day of work was at Ayala Foundation was February 1 when the organization had its State of the Foundation Address (SOFA) by the President where all plans and directions for the year are outlined. On my 3rd day at work, I celebrated my 50th birthday. When I went home, my family surprised me with a party. My children gifted me with a gold Michael Kors watch, and my husband cooked a feast for family and friends who made time to go to our place for dinner.

March marked Mama's 82nd birthday. When your parents reach this age, each year becomes more precious moving forward. This was also a time when I was becoming more adjusted to work at AFI and was starting to think up projects, among which was the National Anthem project.

April 12 was my husband's 50th as well.  After going through several near-death experiences from 2014 both as a heart patient (2-blockage angioplasty)  and undergoing hemodialysis three times a week, there was a lot to be thankful for. Simply being able to wake up and see family and go to work continues to be an everyday blessing.

May was when things were getting more hectic at work and my role in the organisation was really starting to shape up to be bigger than I expected. I never thought that May 27 was to be Tatay's last birthday with us also.

Gia was set to graduate in June and as a parent, this is also marked as a personal milestone.

Let me refresh my memory bank as to what happened in July.....

Gia passed the Physical Therapy Board Exam in August! Thank God she made it. Sacrifices really paying off.

It was as if September came in unnoticed. Unlike Christmases in the past, I would already be doing my gift list, but this time, the urge was not there. So I simply let this pass. The most significant occasion, aside from the many milestones at work, was Gia's birthday.

October was a sad month as Tatay Johnny succumbed multiple organ malfunction. It was a very sad moment for the Amores family. Tatay was definitely well-loved even outside the family circle.

November passed like a blur. So many activities at AFI-- Ayala brand launch, our National Anthem project finally launched in an Ayala-wide event.

I look back at December and see Basilan, the last trip I had with our documentation team before we took the holiday break. There were a lot of realisations after the trip, not just about work and people at work, but about life itself.

Thankful. Thankful. Thankful. That God blessed me with life so that I may carry on His will and be an instrument of His plans here on earth.





No comments:

Post a Comment